About the kicks project ...
The vision of Birmingham Kicks is to "build safer, stronger, more respectful communities through the development of young peoples' potential", getting to youngsters who had previously proven difficult to reach and guiding them towards a range of healthy and constructive activities.
The Birmingham City Kicks programme aims to create the following opportunities:
• Encourages formal and informal volunteering
• Creates pathways into education, training and employment
• Breaks down barriers and improve relationships between the statutory bodies, like the police and young people.
• The project is targeted at areas of need; Kicks provision reduces instances of crime and anti-social behaviour by targeting the most “at risk” young people.
• Increases health and well-being amongst participants.
• Increases prospects of football development and progression.
Birmingham City Football Club Kicks has also allowed for the formalisation of partnership working across the city and region. Partnerships include:
• West Midlands Police
• Birmingham Youth Service
• Birmingham Youth Offending Service
• Local Community and Voluntary Groups
National Partnerships include:
• The Prince's Trust
• The FA
• The Department of Health.
Get Involved ...
Why not come down to one of the Centres and receive football coaching from our professional sports coaches.
You will improve your football skills, build on your strengths, improve your knowledge of the game, enhance your body strength and fitness levels... and make new friends!
By coming along and taking part you will be eligible for special prizes. There will be free tickets to one
of Blues’ Championship matches, as well as trophies and medals.
There will also be alternative activities, including basketball, street/breakdancing, boxing, art/graffiti
and DJ workshops. Other workshops will also be considered if there is enough interest.
Activities are free of charge and continue every week
Times, Dates & Venues ...
5 Devon Way
Small Heath Leisure Centre
6.00pm - 9.00pm
6.00pm - 9.00pm
Register now by calling us on 0844 557 1410 or just turn up to one of the venues!
Official Club Partners
Registered Charity No: 1086631